Tammi’s Top of the lake for the week of Sept. 13.
• Tin Fish Restaurant, 301 N. Parrott Ave., is passionate about serving lean, healthy fresh fish and other meals. The salmon, mahi mahi, grouper, snapper, and shrimp selections on the “Lightly Breaded” menu include fish-and-chip platters, seafood combos, sandwiches, tacos and burritos. They have gift certificates available as well. Give them a like on Facebook or call 863-357-0722.
• Pat’s Floral, 210 N. Parrott Ave., carries locally grown fresh flowers. They also have custom silk flowers for every occasion. They specialize in wedding flowers. Pat’s offers a unique style and design you will not find anywhere else. Pat’s has been in business for 24 years and has competitive pricing with the best quality of flowers and service. The shop is open Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Saturday 8:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. or they can be reached at 863-763-9232.
• Rite Tire, 11071 U.S. 441 N., carries new and used tires. They offer all tire services like rotation, repair, balance, road services and more. They are able to get tires for your car, truck, SUV and farm equipment. Rite Tire is family owned and operated and happy to serve a great small town like Okeechobee. Rite Tire can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give them a call at 863-467-1010.
If you are interested in be featured or have suggestion for a business we should cover in Tammi’s Top of the Lake email to email@example.com or call 863-763-3134.
Enjoy this recipe of the week!
Ingredients: 2 large tomatoes, diced, 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper, 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion, 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, 10 leaves fresh basil, chopped, 2 cloves garlic, minced, 1 (1 pound) loaf French bread, cut into 1/4-inch slices, 1/4 cup olive oil (optional), 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese.
1. Combine tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, basil, and garlic; let tomato mixture rest for 15 to 30 minutes.
2. Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven’s broiler.
3. Arrange French bread slices on a large baking sheet; drizzle with 1/4 cup olive oil.
4. Toast bread in preheated oven until lightly browned, about 1 minute on each side. Top bread slices with tomato mixture using a slotted spoon, allowing excess liquid to drain. Return bread to baking sheet and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
5. Broil in preheated oven until cheese melts, about 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
Reach columnist Tammi Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org