Tammi’s Top of the Lake for the week of Sept. 6.
• Flower Petals, 207 N.E. Park St., carries fresh flowers and goodie bouquets. They have wire services, specialty cakes and a lot of gift items along with wonderful and unique things to fill your home for holiday and year round decor. They are a family-owned and operated business that has passed down the skills of floral creativity through generations. The gift shop holds hidden treasures that you may have never known you could find in Okeechobee. They offer flower arrangements for any occasion. Don’t forget to tell them Tammi sent you! Check them out on Facebook, visit their website at www.flowerpetalsokeechobee.com or give them a call at 863-763-5051.
• Los Cocos Mexican Restaurant, 107 N.W. Sixth Ave., has been Okeechobee’s own original Mexican restaurant for 32 years. They have wonderful wet burritos, along with their tacos, enchiladas and fajitas. They also have sirloin steaks and a kids menu. So, grab the family and head on down for some great food or to order take out. Don’t forget to tell them Tammi sent you! They can be contacted at 863-467-0922.
• Lillies and Lace, 205 S.W. Park St., sells women’s clothing, jewelry, baby gifts and accessories. They carry the latest fashions for a reasonable price and provide a friendly atmosphere for customers allowing woman to shop comfortably. They have everything to complete that outfit for the weekend adventure or day out on the town. This is the place to go if you want something different to have in your closet. In the future, they will be offering men’s clothing. Open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Closed Sunday. Follow them on Facebook and Instagram.
If you are interested in be featured or have suggestion for a business we should cover in Tammi’s Top of the Lake email to email@example.com or call 863-763-3134.
Enjoy this week’s recipe!
Ingredients: 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup white sugar, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 3/4 cup milk, 1/2 cup margarine, melted, 1 (29 ounce) can sliced canned peaches, drained, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9×9-inch baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, white sugar, baking powder, salt, and vanilla. Pour milk into dry ingredients, and then stir in melted margarine. Mix thoroughly.
3. Pour mixture into prepared baking pan. Arrange peaches on top and sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Reach columnist Tammi Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org