Tammi’s Top of the Lake for the week of Nov. 22.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
• ARS Power Sports, 4422 U.S. 441 N., is the place to go for all your dirt bike, ATV, street bike, scooter, sport bike and cruiser needs. They do everything from oil changes to full repair. They also sell a wide variety of bikes and ATVs in youth and adult sizes. They carry helmets, boots and more accessories. Gift cards are always available for any occasion and they offer layaway. Don’t forget to tell them Tammi sent you! They can be reached at 863-467-0900. Check out their website at www.arspowersports.com or just like them on Facebook.
• Los Cocos Mexican Restaurant, 107 N.W. Sixth Ave., has been Okeechobee’s own original Mexican restaurant for 32 years. They have wonderful wet burritos, tacos, enchiladas and fajitas. They also have sirloin steaks and a kids menu. So, grab the family and head on down for some great food or order take out. Don’t forget to tell them Tammi sent you! They can be contacted at 863-467-0922.
• The Landing Strip, 2800 N.W. 20th Trail, Okeechobee, offers tasty breakfast, brunch and lunch menus. Specials change daily. Come enjoy a meal with the friendly, professional staff that will welcome you like family! Enjoy a great meal while watching the airplanes land and take off. Call 863-467-6828. Don’t forget to like them on Facebook!
With the week of Thanksgiving upon us, some of you may not want a turkey this year so that is why I would recommend this special recipe of the week!
Brown Sugar Meatloaf
Ingredients: 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 1/2 cup ketchup, 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef, 3/4 cup milk, 2 eggs, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1 small onion, chopped, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, 3/4 cup finely crushed saltine cracker crumbs.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 5×9 inch loaf pan.
2. Press the brown sugar in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan and spread the ketchup over the sugar.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf. Place on top of the ketchup.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear.