Tammi’s Top of the Lake for the week of Oct. 4.
• Vanity Hair and Skin Care Salon, 3936 S.E. 18th Terr., offers a variety of services such as hair, cut, color, style and perms. They offer Micro Dermabrasion, facials, brow shaping and waxing, Natural Nails and so much more! The moment you walk in, this shop will “wow” you. With the welcoming atmosphere and friendly staff you will feel right at home. All employees have over 20 years of experience. Gregory, who is a color specialist, has over 30 year of experience! The business has been opened since 2005 and owned by Gina Close who always wanted to own her own salon and bring something different to Okeechobee. This place is truly one of Okeechobee’s hidden treasures. Check them out on Facebook or give them a call at 863-623-4586.
• North Park Tire Center, 200 W.N. Park St., conducts new and used tire sales, custom rims, and tire repairs. North Park Tire Center has been family owned and operated for over 40 years. They believe in fast service and getting you back on the road safe and sound. Owner David Watford was born and raised here in Okeechobee and loves to give back to the community. Come see them for all your tire needs! Check them out on Facebook, email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out their website at www.northparktire.weebly.com for more!
If you are interested in be featured or have suggestion for a business we should cover in Tammi’s Top of the Lake email to email@example.com or call 863-763-3134.
North Park Tire Center
Enjoy the recipe of the week!
Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
1/4 cup light olive oil, 3/4 cup white sugar, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, 2 eggs, 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 cup dried cranberries, 1 1/2 cups pistachio nuts.
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, mix together oil and sugar until well blended. Mix in the vanilla and almond extracts, then beat in the eggs. Combine flour, salt, and baking powder; gradually stir into egg mixture. Mix in cranberries and nuts by hand.
3. Divide dough in half. Form two logs (12×2 inches) on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Dough may be sticky; wet hands with cool water to handle dough more easily.
4. Bake for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until logs are light brown. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
5. Cut logs on diagonal into 3/4 inch thick slices. Lay on sides on parchment covered cookie sheet. Bake approximately 8 to 10 minutes, or until dry; cool.
Reach columnist Tammi Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org